OverviewScholarship GuidelinesCurrent ScholarshipsEndowments
Contributing to Scholarships
- There is no minimum gift requirement if you would like to contribute to a general
- Your gift will be placed in a general scholarship pool called the Foundation
- If you would like to establish a named scholarship, please read below.
Guidelines for Establishing Named Scholarships
- A named scholarship established with the LAVC Foundation will benefit only students currently enrolled at LAVC.
- A named scholarship can be established for a minimum gift of $250 per year.
- The donor may request to name the scholarship (e.g. in his/her name, to honor
someone, or to memorialize a loved one).
- Depending on the size of the gift, larger scholarships may be awarded or can be
awarded in increments of $250. Also, depending on the size of the gift, the
scholarship may be awarded in one year or over several years.
- Named scholarship will continue to exist as long as the scholarship fund does not
fall below the $250 minimum amount. If it does fall below the minimum required
amount, the named scholarship will be discontinued and the remaining amount of
the fund will be placed in a general scholarship pool called the Foundation
Named Endowed Scholarships
- Often, named endowed scholarships are created in the memory of an individual.
- A named endowed scholarship established with the LAVC Foundation will benefit only students currently enrolled at LAVC.
- A named endowed scholarship can be established with a minimum gift of
$10,000. Donations may be pooled.
- Depending on the type of endowment (e.g. a true or quasi endowment), interest
earned from the principal gift is used to fund the scholarship in perpetuity.
- Again, the scholarship awarded must be a minimum of $250.
- If income earned in one year is below $250, that amount will be carried
forward to the next year.
* Please read Guidelines for Gift Endowments for more information.