The Los Angeles Valley College Foundation provides scholarships and opportunities to LAVC students so that they continue to excel in their educational careers. All scholarships and opportunities are provided by the generosity of independent donors, LAVC alumni, and the campus community (and therefore vary in amounts, due dates and eligibility requirements).
Valley College Students: Apply for Scholarships
Students may apply for the LAVC Foundation Scholarships online using their Student Information Services (SIS) website. To apply: Log in to your student portal and click on the “Scholarship Tile.” Click on “Login Here” next to the Student Log In.
Scholarships are available February 1, 2024 through March 15, 2024. If you have any questions about scholarships and their guidelines, please call Ronya Waters at (818) 947-2619.
Scholarships available for 2024
Contributing to Scholarships
- There is no minimum gift requirement if you would like to contribute to a general scholarship.
- Your gift will be placed in a general scholarship pool called the Foundation Scholarship.
- If you would like to establish a named scholarship, please read below.
Guidelines for Establishing Named Scholarships
- A named scholarship established with the LAVC Foundation will benefit only students currently enrolled at LAVC.
- A named scholarship can be established for a minimum gift of $250 per year.
- The donor may request to name the scholarship (e.g. in his/her name, to honor someone, or to memorialize a loved one).
- Depending on the size of the gift, larger scholarships may be awarded or can be awarded in increments of $250. Also, depending on the size of the gift, the scholarship may be awarded in one year or over several years.
- Named scholarship will continue to exist as long as the scholarship fund does not fall below the $250 minimum amount. If it does fall below the minimum required amount, the named scholarship will be discontinued and the remaining amount of the fund will be placed in a general scholarship pool called the Foundation Scholarship.
Named Endowed Scholarships
- Often, named endowed scholarships are created in the memory of an individual.
- A named endowed scholarship established with the LAVC Foundation will benefit only students currently enrolled at LAVC.
- A named endowed scholarship can be established with a minimum gift of $10,000. Donations may be pooled.
- Depending on the type of endowment (e.g. a true or quasi endowment), interest earned from the principal gift is used to fund the scholarship in perpetuity.
- Again, the scholarship awarded must be a minimum of $250.
- If income earned in one year is below $250, that amount will be carried forward to the next year.
* Please read Guidelines for Gift Endowments for more information.